This Tutorial is an advanced Mask-Mode Tutorial that was originally streamed on Resolume’s YouTube Channel.
We also had the pleasure of being interviewed to the Resolume Blog, titled: Visual Storytelling with STVinMotion. Find the interview here.
Mask Mode is one of my favorite features in Resolume, I even made a spontaneous livestream a while ago. This livestream is more advanced, with added techniques as using the Video Router, using effects in clips slots & explanations on how to create B&W Masks with built-in Sources.
- 00:00 Showing-off the Mask Mode capabilities
- 07:26 Corona Motivation Talk
- 11:34 Setting the Layout
- 12:41 Persistent Clips
- 13:38 Mask Sources Overview
- 16:42 Basic Mask Mode setup
- 17:30 Favorite Effects Hack
- 23:37 Colorize by Palette
- 28:00 Video Router
- 38:15 Polkadots Effect
- 40:53 Meta Shapes Effects
- 46:51 Reiterating how the Mask Mode works
- 57:39 Autopilot the Mask Layer
- 59:13 Blending Modes to mix Masks
- 59:53 Ping-pong between two masks
- 1:04:35 Creating the Rings Mask
- 1:15:35 Creating the Line Scape Mask
- 1:26:30 Creating The Text Animator Mask
- 1:34:30 Using Logos as Masks
- 1:38:00 Creating the Metaballs Mask
Hope that, by now, you are liking the mask mode as much as I do )) Share this tutorial with your VJ friends and let’s push the VJing scene forward!