This Tutorial is an advanced Mask-Mode Tutorial that was originally streamed on Resolume’s YouTube Channel.
We also had the pleasure of being interviewed to the Resolume Blog, titled: Visual Storytelling with STVinMotion. Find the interview here.
Mask Mode is one of my favorite features in Resolume, I even made a spontaneous livestream a while ago. This livestream is more advanced, with added techniques as using the Video Router, using effects in clips slots & explanations on how to create B&W Masks with built-in Sources.
- 00:00 Showing-off the Mask Mode capabilities
- 07:26 Corona Motivation Talk
- 11:34 Setting the Layout
- 12:41 Persistent Clips
- 13:38 Mask Sources Overview
- 16:42 Basic Mask Mode setup
- 17:30 Favorite Effects Hack
- 23:37 Colorize by Palette
- 28:00 Video Router
- 38:15 Polkadots Effect
- 40:53 Meta Shapes Effects
- 46:51 Reiterating how the Mask Mode works
- 57:39 Autopilot the Mask Layer
- 59:13 Blending Modes to mix Masks
- 59:53 Ping-pong between two masks
- 1:04:35 Creating the Rings Mask
- 1:15:35 Creating the Line Scape Mask
- 1:26:30 Creating The Text Animator Mask
- 1:34:30 Using Logos as Masks
- 1:38:00 Creating the Metaballs Mask
Hope that, by now, you are liking the mask mode as much as I do )) Share this tutorial with your VJ friends and let’s push the VJing scene forward!
Share this Tutorial with your friends!
What other cool features do you like to use in Resolume? Tell me in the comments and we might make a tutorial out of it.